Welcome to Unsworth Group Practice
We aim to deliver, via our professional multi-disciplinary team, a high quality patient-focused service that is effective, safe and responsive to the needs of our patients and their families.
Our Online Consult service gives you access to round the clock medical guidance – allowing you to check symptoms, receive medical advice and contact the surgery 24-7 through our online portal.
You will gain access to a wealth of medical information including articles and videos.
By filling in a simple health enquiry form you will be able to read information on how to treat your symptoms and what to do next.
The form will then come through to the surgery where we will review the information provided and we aim to respond to you within two working days.
Current CQC Practice rating
UPDATE (14/8/2020) - Blackrod surgery
The partners wish to inform our Blackrod patients that from Monday 17th August access to Blackrod Health Centre building will recommence with the following safety measures :
- Limited number of persons in communal areas, and the wearing of face coverings will be mandatory.
- To ensure patient and staff safety, all appointments will remain as telephone consultations in the first instance, with any face-to-face appointments limited, and decided upon, by the GP or clinician only.
- ALL booking of appointments will be made via telephone (not walk-in)
- Use of on-line prescription ordering and use of nominated pharmacy will continue to be promoted / suggested
- Our staff are taking prescription requests over the telephone for any of our patients who are unable to access/use the online services
- We have been gradually re-introducing Nurse Reviews, screening appointments and phlebotomy – and this will now be offered at our Blackrod branch
- Child immunisations will continue at Westhoughton for the time being.
We are constantly reviewing our operating procedures and will modify in line with government and NHS England guidance.
Please help us to keep each other safe
ALL APPOINTMENTS are now TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS
Online appointments have been suspended until further notice
If you would like to book a new appointment please ring the surgery:
Westhoughton – 01942 812525 Blackrod – 01204 697229
Please do not attend the surgery unless you have been advised to do so
The doctors are urging patients to utilise the online service to request ALL medication
You can register for online services by clicking here- Systmonline
(after following the link, please click on the box - Request access to the online service with Unsworth group Practice)
- We no longer require Photographic ID (at this critical time)
- You will receive an email or text message with a user name and password
- We urge you to then nominate a pharmacy you wish us to send your prescription to once ordered
- Then order your prescription - You will not be able to attend the surgery to collect any paper prescriptions
ALTERNATIVELY: You could download the NHS App to REGISTER AND ORDER your medication.
If you have any difficulty, please contact the administrative team for support: -01942 812525
Other ways to order (but these may take longer)
- Ring the surgery number (however our phone lines will be VERY busy)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful website for coronavirus advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Useful link: Self Isolation Covid Privacy notice
Please protect yourself and others
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT & CO-OPERATION DURING THIS PANDEMIC
(Site updated 30/11/2020)