All Appointments Are Now Telephone Appointments
Online appointments have been suspended until further notice
If you would like to book a new appointment please ring the surgery:
- Westhoughton – 01942 812525
- Blackrod – 01204 697229
Please do not attend the surgery unless you have been advised to do so.
The doctors are urging patients to utilise the online service to request ALL medication.
You can register for online services by clicking here- Systmonline
(after following the link, please click on the box - Request access to the online service with Unsworth group Practice)
- We no longer require Photographic ID (at this critical time)
- You will receive an email or text message with a user name and password
- We urge you to then nominate a pharmacy you wish us to send your prescription to once ordered
- Then order your prescription - You will not be able to attend the surgery to collect any paper prescriptions
ALTERNATIVELY: You could download the NHS App to REGISTER AND ORDER your medication.
If you have any difficulty, please contact the administrative team for support: -01942 812525
Other ways to order (but these may take longer)
- Ring the surgery number (however our phone lines will be VERY busy)
- Email email@example.com
Letters requesting people to shield have been sent either directly from NHS England or more recently, from the GP surgery on advice of NHS England.
These letters have been sent to patients with a variety of underlying health conditions which may make patients significantly more at risk of complications related to COVID-19.
Identifying patients is, unfortunately, not an exact science and there may be some inclusions or exclusions of patients from this list. But please be assured that we are doing all we can to identify our most at risk patients to help them stay as safe as possible.
Shielding at this time is for your own personal protection. It is your choice as to whether you follow this guidance. Should you choose to shield, this letter can be used for evidence for your employer and support from the Government.
Please consult the Government website using this link for further detailed information relating to shielding.
Thank you for your understanding at this concerning time
Stay at home – Protect the NHS – Save lives
Please click on the link below to download an Easy Read version of the government Covid high risk advice.
Public Transport - Printable Face Covering Exemption Cards
Mask Exemption Cards – Print & Wear
From 15 June 2020, it is the law that you must wear a face covering when travelling in England on a bus, coach, train, taxi or tram.
However, some people don’t have to wear a face covering including for health, age or equality reasons. You do not need to wear a face covering if you have a reasonable excuse not to. Reasonable excuses include:
- not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
- if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate (note – there are lip-reading masks available, with clear panels that make the lips visible)
- to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
- to take medication
Here are some links to sources of printable face mask exemption cards: